A great morning start.

This morning I was able to make my husband breakfast. So, I decided to make an all-American favorite: Pancakes! But...this was a very healthy pancake that leaves you full with just one. I took a typical recipe and tweaked it with all natural ingredients and few extras =)


Here it goes:


1 3/4 cups - WHOLE Wheat Flour (make sure you do not use white)
2 tbs - brown sugar
2 tsp - baking powder
1/2 tsp - baking soda
1/4 tsp - salt (organic, kosher or sea salt is best)
1 egg - slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups - Almond Milk (either Vanilla or Original) <-- Here's the catch
3 tbs - extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
1/2 - flaxseed (or whatever you desire...lol - didn't really measure, just poured)
Cinnamon - sprinkle away =)
100 cups - Love =p

***You can add raisins, blueberries, strawberries or any other fruit***

Mix it all together and start the pancakes. Spray the pan using fat free cooking oil spray, but NO butter. Then top it off with 100% maple syrup (yes there is only one ingredient in this...maple syrup). Don't kill this healthy pancake mix with fattening High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated syrup!

I actually poured a little syrup all over my one pancake and let it soak in. I didn't have to refill or add anything else. It was delicious.

P.S. I was the one who would put butter on my pancakes after it was cooked in butter and used so much syrup it would drown my plate. Trust me...this is good, filling and nutritious.



Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment