Organic Chocolate Cake Recipe


Chocolate is one of my favorite things in the world! As a result, I'm going to share my favorite organic chocolate cake recipe and chocolate ganashe frosting with you =)

Organic Chocolate Cake


Ingredients:

2 cups organic cane sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose or wheat flour (preferably organic ~ definitely NO white or bleached)
3/4 cups pure cocoa powder (again, preferably organic)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda (make sure it has no aluminum)
1 tsp. Himalayan or Sea Salt
2 organic eggs
1 cup organic milk or almond milk
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp pure vanilla extract (make sure it's the pure stuff and has no sugar or anything else)
1 cup of boiling water

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (organic butter) and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on med. speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until center is cooked. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.

Ganache Frosting

Ingredients:

8 oz organic semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup organic heavy cream (Organic Valley makes one)
Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt

Directions:

Place chocolate chips in a bowl. Heat the cream to a simmer then pour over the chocolate. Let it sit for 1 minute then gently stir until all the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth. Let it sit at room temperature for 25-35 minutes stirring occasionally until it is frosting consistency.

This frosting is delish, easy and much healthier than a regular frosting!!!

Frost both sides of the cake and then stack and frost the top. You can always add chopped toasted pecans as a nice garnish =)


=)

8 comments:

  1. This cake is an absolute delight. Moist, simple ad the frosting is perfect!! I recommend to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this cake twice now, the best chocolate cake recipe i've ever tasted!!
    Recommended to all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow, wow, wow! This cake is amazing. I made it for my husband and we both love it. Perfect ingredients, I'm not the best baker and this came out perfect.

    Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cake will be a wonderful reason to spend an exciting evening with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I adjust this for cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cake! I use this for my famlies birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cake! I use this for my famlies birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in the process of making these! They're in the fridge chilling. I cannot wait until they're baked. Thank you for the divine recipe ans also check https://sites.google.com/site/tipsforcake/ for more info. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete