The name is definitely not what first attracted me to this recipe. What did was the fact that I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen to make it, minus one: the sour cream. Aside from that one ingredient, it really sounded delicious. But with a name like that, how could I not include sour cream?
So I went for it and it turned out to be one of the most delicious desserts I've EVER made (and I've made my share of desserts).
Here it is for you to try and share your thoughts with me =)
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup organic cane sugar
2 cups 100% whole wheat flour (or almond flour)
2 cups regular oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 egg yolks
2 cups (16 oz) sour cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup organic cane sugar
Here we go...
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the butter and sugar mixture (mixture will becrumbly).
Cool (but don't turn off the oven).
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the filling ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for about 5-8 minutes.
Ava Anderson Non-Toxic just came out with new products to start off the new year! Check out these great new products!
In the month of January, hostesses qualify for DOUBLE HOSTESS REWARDS! That means extra free products and discounts! For more information click here!
|Ava BODYsoap bar|
|Ava BODY Lemon Body Sugar Scrub|
Happy New Years Readers!!!
When the majority of American's create their New Year's Resolutions, 99% (my own made up stat...lol) have some sort of weight loss goal. In addition, this stat is true: 80% of resolutions are renounced by February.
Here's a way to really try to hit those weight loss goals and KEEP it off! First, make a healthy diet change, for life. Don't go ON A DIET. It never works, because when you lose the weight and "get off the diet" you gain it all back plus some extra lovin'.
Here's a list of 8 ways to make the change for a healthier you:
1. Eat more greens! I don't care if you buy Green Vibrance (which is amazing) and take a scoop of it a day in a shake or if you eat raw greens...just do =)
2. Take time to eat breakfast. I hear the complaint all the time about not having time or not wanting to because all they need is coffee. Uhhh...wrong! The word comes from breaking the fast from your previous meal usually about 15 hours before. You need to get your metabolism jumpstarted or it will lag the rest of the day leaving you without energy and fuel.
3. Get more fiber. Women need 25-30 grams per day and Men need 30-35 grams per day of fiber. Most Americans get about 10 grams. It's no wonder most of Americans are constipated and unable to detoxify properly. Flax seed, rice bran, fruits, vegetables and beans are a great way to boost up your fiber intake. Start reading those labels people! =)
4. Go wild with berries: blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries...they provide a powerhouse of antioxidents. I usually buy frozen berries and add a scoop of my green's powder for an awesome smoothie jam packed with nutrition.
5. Cut out hydrogenated trans fats. Read labels and make sure none of it has anything "hydrogenated oil" or "partially hydrogenated oil". This oil is what raises the bad cholesterol, clogs arteries and gives you the lovely fat around your body.
6. Avoid artificial flavors. From vitamins all the way to candy, these sneaky colors make it onto 80% of children's food and about 75% of our grocery store. This is what gives coloring to the food. As if it matters what color it is. There are natural ways to color things (aside from leaving it the color it was intended to be) through beet juice, carrots...etc. Stay away from "Red No. 40, Yellow No. 5...etc)
7. Stay away from White Sugar or High Fructose Corn Syrup. Or any corn syrup for that matter. To really shed those pounds, stay away from refined and highly processed sugars. These raise insulin levels, and can lead to a myriad of diseases starting with obesity.
8. Drink more green tea. It's full of antioxidents and can help with weight loss and cancer prevention. It has so many benefits, it's no wonder its been an ancient tradition in Asia.
Hope this gets you off to a good start! Happy New Year!