Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

For the past 2-3 years, my husband (and brother-in-law) has been asking me to make his favorite dessert, chocolate peanut butter cups. I told him, I'll make it if you get me a recipe. So last week, he finally did and said I had no excuse.

I finally went for it! To make this wonderfully delicious dessert, you'll need the following:

  • 11.5 oz of chocolate chips (divided)
  • 1 cup of peanut butter (I use pure peanut butter with ingredients being roasted peanuts and that's it)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt (I use himalayan or pink salt)
  • 1/2 cup of organic powdered sugar (please don't compromise on this one, it's already an unhealthy dessert) 

Let's get started:

1. Trim 12 paper muffin cup liners to half of their size
2. Place 1/2 chocolate chips in a pan and melt it on low while stirring lightly

3. Spoon the metled chocolate into the muffin cups, filling halfway. With a spoon, draw the chocolate up the sides of the cups until evenly coated.
4. Cool in the refrigerator until firm.
5. In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, sugar, and salt. Divide evenly into the muffic cups on top of the firm chocolate.
6. Melt the remaining chocolate and pour over the peanut butter. Spread to edges of cups.
7. Refrigerate for a few minutes and then enjoy (or eat it as is without making the top firm).
It may not look as nice and neat as a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, but it tastes better and is better for you. Only 4 ingredients, not 15! You really only need one because it's so rich =)

Enjoy =)


2 comments:

  1. That looks sooo good. Your husband is a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were delicious and he was very happy =) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete