I made bread from scratch!!!

I'm so excited right now because after quite a few hours, I finished my first loaf of 100% whole wheat bread from scratch and it was delicious!!!

Here's what I did:

Mix 1 cup of 100% whole wheat flour, 1 cup of warm water and 1 packet of organic dry yeast (I used Rapunzel Rize, because I really like that brand). Stir these ingredients and let it rise for 30-45 minutes in a warm place (this is the first of the waiting game).

After pre-mix has risen, mix 2 additional cups of flour, 2 tbsp EVOO, 2 tbsp organic cane sugar, 1-1/2 tsp of sea salt of Himalayan salt. Knead dough and let rise again for 1-2 hours.

Knead again and form into a loaf. Drop it into a greased pan. Let it rise again until it doubles in bulk, about 1 hour.

Bake at 350ºF for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown. Smell the wonderful scent of a fresh loaf of bread that you just did from scratch and remove from the oven. Let it cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.

Cut and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment