I often get asked what supplements I use. I don't get paid to promote a brand (although I wish I did), but I use the products that I've researched and think are best for my body based on ingredients, methods of manufacturing and quality.
Here's a quick rundown of what I purchase for my husband and I:
- Multivitamin for her: Garden of Life Raw One for Women
- Multivitamin for him: New Chapter Every Man (he likes to take more than one a day)
- Fish Oil: New Chapter WholeMega (they use the ENTIRE salmon, naturally providing Omega 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9)
- Calcium: New Chapter Bone Strength (This calcium is by far the best. It is from a plant source and not limestone, which is found the most common source)
- Joint Care: Garden of Life Wobenzym or Zyflammend (I vary between both, but it's easier for me to take Zyflammend because it doesn't need to be on an empty stomach)
The zinc and biotin I get from Country Life because of the price and the company is a good one.
The reason I choose the supplements I do from New Chapter and Garden of Life is because they use organic fruits and veggies, wild plants and herb ingredients (with the exception of the fish oil). They are non-GMO and offer great quality.
I vary between Garden of Life and New Chapter for multivitamins. Everything else, I'm pretty set in my ways.
The best prices for any of these products is found on Vitacost. After having worked in the health food industry, even my employee discount wasn't as good as the regular price on Vitacost. If you haven't created an account yet, I have a win-win option:
- Visit this link
- Sign up
- Enter my email address as the referral (email@example.com).
- You'll automatically get $10 off your order, and so will I. =)
Which supplements are your favorite and why? I'd love to hear!