Sour Cream Raisin Squares


The name is definitely not what first attracted me to this recipe. What did was the fact that I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen to make it, minus one: the sour cream. Aside from that one ingredient, it really sounded delicious. But with a name like that, how could I not include sour cream?

So I went for it and it turned out to be one of the most delicious desserts I've EVER made (and I've made my share of desserts).

Here it is for you to try and share your thoughts with me =)

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup organic cane sugar
2 cups 100% whole wheat flour (or almond flour)
2 cups regular oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Filling:
4 egg yolks
2 cups (16 oz) sour cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups raisins
1 cup organic cane sugar

Here we go...

Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the butter and sugar mixture (mixture will becrumbly).

Set aside 2 cups; pat the remaining crumbs into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Cool (but don't turn off the oven).

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the filling ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for about 5-8 minutes.

Pour and spread over the cooled crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumbs. Bake for 15 minutes longer.

Then enjoy this delicious, addictive dessert. WARNING: Do not eat the whole thing by yourself! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment