My Homemade Soup.

I've been asked repeatedly to post my recipe for my vegetable soup. To backtrack for a quick second: I hate soup. I know it sounds terrible, but it's true. It wasn't until I tasted this soup and tweaked it to spices and ingredients I loved, that I began to like soup.

So here it is:

Ingredients:
- 1 box of veggie stock (I prefer Swanson's but Progresso was on sale)
- 1 box of organic chicken stock
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 bahl of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 beet
- 2 shallots
- 2 carrots
- 1 lemon or lemon juice
-1 small bag of shitake mushrooms
- sea salt or himalayan salt
- pepper
- Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 5 stalks of celery (I didn't have any this time around so I added broccoli)
- 2 cups of broccoli (I used everything you see in the picture)
- 1 cube of Goya seasoning (spanish cube of seasoning)
- Lean organic chicken (optional)

Step 1: Melt the oils and stalk
Step 2: Saute all veggies with seasoning cube
Step 3: Season chicken with salt and pepper and saute separate or with veggies
Step 4: Let all ingredients boil, then put in broth; let simmer for 30 minutes on med/high
Step 5: Add whole lemon or lemon juice, salt, pepper and liquid aminos
Step 6: Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment