Warm Up With Some Chili

My husband is a hunter and I've grown to love and appreciate it, especially when we have venison in the freezer. One of my favorite meals to make with our ground venison is my deer chili.

Since the temperature in Orlando decided to drop to 47 degrees, I decided to make a dinner that warmed us up while enjoying the brief chill (the next day was 75 degrees).

The recipe calls for the following:

  • 1 onion
  • 6 cloves of garlic (I love garlic so adding more is always nice)
  • 1 organic green pepper 
  • 1 1/2 pounds of ground venison
  • 2 15-oz cans of organic kidney beans
  • 2 14.5-oz cans of organic diced tomatoes 
  • 1 15-oz can of organic tomato sauce
  • 1 cup of water
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 1 tsp crushed dried basil
  • black pepper
  • garlic salt
  • 1 Rapunzel vegetable bouillon cube
  • shredded cheddar cheese (optional - but not for us)
  • sour cream (optional)

Start by cooking the ground venison with the onion, garlic and green pepper.


Then add the kidney beans...



Then add the diced tomatoes...


Mix it together well...


Follow it with the tomato sauce...



Add your water...


 Add all your spices (never pay attention to my measurements...I change them everytime and taste as I go)...


Mix it all together and bring to a boiling. Then let it simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.


I made fresh organic bread to go with the chili using a bread machine.



Then it's ready to serve.


If you made it right, this should be the end result =)


The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment